Shed With a Pallet Floor Part 1

I admit that I have been terrible at doing updates.  I have had to get a full time job, while waiting for Will's checks to start coming in for hail chasing.  My physical therapy is an hour away. So I spend all of my time off work doing physical therapy or working on different projects on the farm.


This was the picture I left as a teaser in my last post.  It was a section of a shed floor made from pallets that I built.  I would like to say a huge thank you to the Lowe's in Show Low for donating the pallets to me.  In return for their generousity, I purchased all of the gravel, pavers and tools from them. 

I started the shed by scraping off the top soil and tamping down the soil underneath. 


I next filled the holes with pea sized gravel.


Next added two pavers on the top of the gravel filled hole. 


After getting two of the holes done, I checked to make sure that they are level. 


Once I finished four corners I added a pallet. 


After getting a few pallets in place, I used 2 1/2" deck screws and mending plates to attach them together. 


I suppose it's obvious that the pallets are going in different directions.  Because not all pallets are the same size, they are fit together like a giant puzzle to make each pallet fit. 


Once the floor was done.  We covered the pallets in plywood and then painted them white.  Not an ideal color.  But the gallon of paint was from the mistint bin at my local Ace Hardware. 


Once the floor was done Jaiden and I unloaded my utility trailer on top of the shed floor to go pick up the shed kit. 


Second part coming soon! 


Talent means nothing, while experience, acquired in humility and hard work, means everything. 
--Patrick Suskind




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Farmer's Almanac Garden Planner

Our Business Plan

I must be a dummy because this book fit me just fine.