We have finally started building our fence.

My accident back in March, kinda changed a lot of our plans.  We still made the move to Arizona because the cost of living is much better here than in Texas.  We had every intention of staying out at the farm. But having to drive an hour an a half for my physical therapy multiple times a week just started to get too time consuming and too pricey on gas.  So we are staying in an RV park in Springerville.  I got a job at the local hardware store Davis Ace Hardware.  The owner is an amazing lady that has been extremely understanding with my appointments and schedules me enough time off for them every week.  As of this last week my doctor decided I could go down to one visit a week.

Will left a couple of weeks ago to chase hail.  I have been spending my free time building on the farm.  First project was creating a gate.




First I gathered my supplies that I would need.  Not a whole lot needed. 



It’s a little crud.  My neighbors told me before we started building, I should put up some no trespassing signs to discourage people from entering our building site and hurting themselves.  I started by measuring my distance back from my plat marker.   I made sure I was a couple of feet from the edge of my easement.


I next measured the width of my driveway 22 feet.  Then determined where I wanted my first T-post.




I attached some of my plastic coated galvanized wire to the post and added a carabiner as a connection point for the other end of the wire that would serve as my gate. 


I clipped my hook to the carabiner and attached the wire to the other T-post.  Added a couple of signs and the fence was done.  I was surprised the whole thing took less than an hour to complete.  Even in the strong wind. 


I will do more updates later.  I started working on a shed with a pallet subfloor. 


Stay tuned! 


Throw your heart over the fence and the rest will follow. 
- Norman Vincent Pearle



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Farmer's Almanac Garden Planner

Our Business Plan

I must be a dummy because this book fit me just fine.